In an effort to support ALL people with disabilities and their families during COVID-19, the Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) will host a series of webinars. DDA will host the Maryland Community of Practice (CoP) for Supporting Families interactive biweekly webinar series starting on Wednesday, April 29, 2020, at 12 p.m.
Facilitated by Mary Anne Kane-Breschi, both a parent of a young woman with multiple disabilities and the Director of Family Supports for DDA, the webinar series will take place biweekly on Wednesdays:
- April 29 — 12 p.m.-1 p.m. EST
- May 13 — 12 p.m.-1 p.m. EST
- May 27 — 12 p.m.-1 p.m. EST
- June 10 — 12 p.m.-1 p.m. EST
- June 24 — 12 p.m.-1 p.m. EST
The hourly webinars will utilize the principles and tools of Charting the LifeCourse (CtLC) framework and address different topics and areas of concern including:
- Connecting with Family Members during COVID-19
- Lessening the Trauma of COVID-19
- Activities To Do at Home
- Practicing Social Distancing
- Virtual Person Centered Planning Meetings
- Self-Care-Caring for the Caregiver
Families will have the opportunity to share stories, ask questions, and provide feedback on topics for future webinars. Click here to REGISTER for the entire series.