The Arc of Howard County supports over 100 people with intellectual and developmental disabilities throughout Howard County.
Some people choose to live alone and others have 1, 2 or 3 housemates with staff support that ranges from drop-in assistance to 24 – hour nursing care. Services are provided in a variety of settings, including homes owned by an individual, family or The Arc, rental apartments and townhomes.
Services may include:
- Individualized training, and assistance with household management
- Support with medical needs, medications and appointments
- Management of finances, personal care and recreation
- Facilitation of relationships with family, friends, neighbors
- Coordination with multiple community resources
All applicants must be approved and awarded funding by DDA (Developmental Disability Administration) in order to receive services.
For more information on The Arc of Howard County Residential program contact:
Brenda Sackandy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-730-0638 x220
To apply for Residental funds please go the the Maryland DDA Application page
If you already receive Residental funds and would like to apply for services at The Arc of Howard County, please email Brenda Sackandy, Administrator of Admissions and Funding Plans, for an application at email@example.com.