People Power of Howard County
People Power is a self-advocacy group run by people with intellectual and developmental disabilities who want to let everyone know who they are and how they feel about disability issues. People Power meets the THIRD Monday of the month from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., via Zoom:
- The Zoom opens at 5:30 p.m. for a meet-and-greet session.
- The speaker presentation begins at 6 p.m., followed by a question-and-answer session.
- The meeting ends at 7 p.m.
- Due to COVID-19, the meetings will be held virtually via Zoom. If The Arc of Howard County is closed due to inclement weather, People Power of Howard County will not meet.
- To register for People Power meetings, visit the registration page.
People Power of Howard County is a proud partner of Empowering Partners. The Arc Maryland, in partnership with People On The Go Maryland and the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Council, launched Empowering Partners to raise awareness about the value of self-advocacy and to reconvene or strengthen self-advocacy groups throughout the state. Empowering Partners serves as the foundation for self-advocacy groups in Maryland, including People Power of Howard County. Self-advocacy groups share the Empowering Partners discussion topics, activities, and a unified movement to grow from and build on. For more information on Empowering Partners, please visit The Arc Maryland’s Empowering Partners website. For resources in Howard County, visit the Resources for People Supported by The Arc of Howard County page on this website.
NOTE: See below for 2023 dates for People Power meetings.
2023 Meeting Dates
- Monday, January 16, 2023
- Monday, February 20, 2023
- Monday, March 20, 2023
- Monday, April 17, 2023
- Monday, May 15, 2023
- Monday, June 19, 2023
- Monday, July 17, 2023 (No July meeting due to vacations)
- Monday, August 21, 2023
- Monday, September 18, 2023
- Monday, October 16, 2023
- Monday, November 20, 2023
- Monday, December 18, 2023
To learn more about People Power of Howard County, contact Matthew Plantz, Meeting Facilitator:
- Email: Plantzmatthew@gmail.com
For information on joining People Power of Howard County, contact Jill Berry, People Power Co-Chapter Liaison:
- Email: email@example.com
- Work Phone: 410-
730-0638 Ext. 271
- Cell Phone: 443-668-1835
For questions about People Power of Howard County, contact Christine Towne, Co-Chapter Liaison and People Power Secretary:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work Phone: 410-730-0638 Ext. 233
Don’t forget to Like People Power of Howard County on Facebook!Join People Power of Howard County!