- This event has passed.
Developmental Disabilities Day at the Legislature #DDDay
February 12 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
One of the biggest days of the year for disability advocates and self-advocates across Maryland is coming up. Mark your calendars for:
Developmental Disabilities Day at the legislature
February 12, 2020
Join hundreds of fellow advocates, self-advocates, families, policymakers, and colleagues for Developmental Disabilities Day 2020 (DD Day 2020) in Annapolis to make your voice heard. Learn about 2020 priorities and meet with your representatives to create a better tomorrow with and for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD), their families, and other supporters in Maryland!
DD Day 2020 Schedule:
- Kickoff Gathering of statewide advocates on Wednesday, February 12, 2020, 9 a.m.-11 a.m. at Graduate Annapolis Hotel, 126 West Street, Annapolis, MD 21401.
- Following the Kickoff Gathering, attendees will travel to Senate and House Office Buildings on Bladen Street to meet with their elected officials and staff to discuss information learned and to share their experiences and stories. Attendees are asked to schedule meetings with legislators before February 12 by following the instructions on Arc Maryland’s website.
Registration for DD Day 2020 is $25. Register here. Sponsored by the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Coalition, Developmental Disabilities Day 2020 at the Legislature is an opportunity to advance the grassroots movement for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Maryland Developmental Disabilities Coalition, dedicated to the rights and quality of life for people with developmental disabilities in Maryland, is comprised of:
- The Arc Maryland
- Disability Rights Maryland
- Maryland Association of Community Services (MACS)
- Maryland Developmental Disabilities Council
- People On The Go Maryland