Peace of Mind for Family Members
The families of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities are often under a great deal of stress – physical, emotional and economic. Sometimes they want a break; to get away in order to do errands or for an overnight or a weekend trip.
The Arc’s Respite Care house provides a safe, fun and comfortable place for children and adults with intellectual and development disabilities while their families are away. The Respite House provides care during overnights and vacations, school breaks, special requests, scheduled weekly visits and activities around special times of the year. The Respite House serves adults as well as children older than 18 months and can be for a few hours or up to five nights.
The Arc’s Respite House activities include:
- Mom’s Day Out – Services for children 18 months through 5 years
- Drop Off – Sundays 11:30-4:00 or 1:00-5:30
- Come and Go Drop In Care – Families can pick their own respite times 12 hours on Saturdays
- Ladies Night Out – A slumber party twice a month for young adult ladies
- Guys Night Out – One Friday a month from 5:30-10:00pm. (May transition to an overnight activity like Ladies Night Out)
For information contact Ebony Crowell at 410-730-0638 ext 224